Senior Python Engineer and Data Scientist - Commodities Trading - 6 Months Contract
I'm looking for a Senior Python Engineer and Data Scientist to joing a Commodities Trading firm in London on a contract basis. Remote onboarding so you can start working from the comfort of your own home.
This role will support traders and analysts by providing data gathering and manipulation tools, and developing models to facilitate supply/demand and price forecasting. This will be a fast-paced and dynamic environment where needs will be changing on a frequent basis. The ideal candidates will have a flexible mindset and a strong track record working within commodity trading. This role will be an application developer tasked to deliver tools and applications for use directly on the trading desk. It will involve developing tools directly on top of and within an Azure cloud platform.
Key Skills and Experience:
Essential: Overall 15 + Years of IT Experience
* 5-7 yrs experience designing, developing, and maintaining front end applications with C# and .NET, AND 3-5 yrs with either Python or C++. Candidates with significant experience with all 3 languages would stand out
* Hands-on time series data experience in SQL and Python including demonstratable experience in handling large datasets
* Statistical analysis background from either academia or in practice including experience in building predictive modelling frameworks, and knowledge/application of machine learning techniques in that context
* Has built low latency solutions for data acquisition and/or trading
* Has created proprietary code libraries (with documentation) to be used by other developers
* Uses version control and manages their code base appropriately
* Has both supported their own solutions post go-live and offloaded support to a third-party
* Hands-on experience developing scalable cloud-native applications in the Azure stack
Please apply now for confidential discussion about the role!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
your application has been submitted