Senior IT Engineer - Exchange Key Manchester
We are currently recruiting for a Senior IT Engineer to join a medium sized financial Services business based in central Manchester.
Technical skills and experience -:
- Certification: Relevant Network certification in Cisco and/or Microsoft equivalent.
- Hands-on working knowledge of Sophos firewalls, Nimble SANs & HP Aruba switches.
- Current network troubleshooting skills, including excellent 'working knowledge' of LAN / WAN technologies, including: IPv4/6, VPNs, VLANs, iSCSI, SFTP, SNMP etc.
- Active Directory, including Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Experience in recent Microsoft Server 2016-2019 builds.
- Data Centre knowledge: Familiarity of office network and data center architectures and methodologies.
- Virtualisation: Excellent working knowledge of VMware 6.5+ (other Hypervisors will be considered)
- Documentation: Amazing technical documentation skills.
Overall Responsibilities / Key Tasks:
- Network architecture including LAN / WAN routing, implementation & support.
- Building and supporting Server to Desktop technologies, including 'Remote Desktop Services' & Citrix VDI.
- Server & Data storage support.
- Incident identification - providing 2nd & 3rd line support, including hands-on support via global helpdesk platforms.
- Assisting the in-house 'I.T. Team' in managing and supporting Client / Server applications, including system backups.
- Assisting I.T. / MIS colleagues in providing 2nd and 3rd line support to End Users and to review and identify actions that deliver quality improvements, working closely with the I.T. Manager and I.T. team, to improve processes and systems.
To summarize the successful candidate should have good recent working knowledge of HP/Cisco Networking, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Server 2016+, Microsoft O365, VMware 6.5+, Linux.
If you have the desired skills and experience and would be interested in finding out more please respond to this advert by following the link below and attaching a copy of your most recent CV. If successful we will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
OneZeero is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted