Data Engineer (£650 - £750 a day, outside IR35)
I'm looking for a Python Data Engineer to join a energy trading firm in London. The Data Engineer will be working on greenfeld projects on a 6 months rolling contract with a pipeline of projects for 2 years - budget has been signed off till 2022. You will be working alongside traders, data scientists and other strong software engineers. The ideal Full Stack Data engineer will be working in commodities trading or worked on trading platforms. We are looking for the best Data Engineer so if you have most of skills below please apply now!
Skill Set Required:
- 12+ years of experience in Full Stack development work with below technologies. Experience in productionizing various big data technologies both open source and cloud native,
- AWS preferred (Kafka, Airflow, Dremio etc)
- Expertise in data model design with sensitivity to usage patterns and goals - schema, scalability,immutability, idempotency, etc.
- Mandatory Expertise in at Node JS & Python; good-to-have expertise in : Go, Scala, Java.
- Experience in handling Large Scale Time Series data.
- Experience in GraphQL, Apollo and Hasura.
- Track record of choosing the right transit, storage, and analytical technology to simplify andoptimize user experience.
- Real-world experience developing highly scalable solutions using micro-service architecturedesigned to democratize data to everyone in the organization.
- Put your passion of CICD to work and enjoy the impact it has to software quality and customers!
- Live and love Docker, EKS, GitLab, Terraform.
- Build terraform scripts and other deployment and configuration automation.
- Live, laugh, and love some flavor of Agile. With a side of Scrum.
- Work closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate, and seek feedback.
- Pitch in where needed as a valued team member. There is no "i" in team...but 2 in "idiot".
- Docker, K8, Cloud, microservices, containerization, web services, DB/SQL, etc. etc. (You get it).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Let's face it, you are one of thesmartest people you know.
- Experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques.
- Rave about the benefits of CI/CD, unless manual deployments really are your thing.
- Have a high bar for user experience and quality.
- You are data driven and customer obsessed.
- Good communication skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
your application has been submitted