My client is a multi award winning FinTech with one of the UK's top cashback platform and 7+ million users They are looking for someone to work alongside the product owners and project managers to design, architect and build their highly scalable flagship application.
About the role:
This role is responsible for delivering quality software within deadline, and following department guidelines. Reporting on progress and developments directly to the relevant Technical Lead, the role will also be responsible for liaising with the Project Management and Product Team.
Day to day activities:
Develop web applications using Symfony/Laravel frameworks and components thereof, and other custom in-house components
Work closely with our product owners and project managers to define feature specifications, and collaboratively refine a technical solution
Perform periodic peer reviews of software and configuration changes
Contribute to our software architecture and optimize existing code
Communicate any internal changes to relevant departments in a professional and timely manner.
Perform as an ambassador for the business during office visits and external events
Affect any other reasonable request made by a manager.
Skills they are looking for:
- 3 - 5 years Web Development experience
- Track record of developing scalable web applications
- Experience with automated testing, including TDD
- Experience with the Symfony (2 or 3) or Zend (2 or 3) frameworks.
- Experience developing RESTFul APIs
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design Patterns (PHP)
- Strong understanding of the SOLID OOP principles
- Experience with MySQL and strong knowledge of optimisation methods
- Experience working with LXC/Docker containerised environments
- Experience with continuous inspection/integration pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Scrutinizer, Quay.io
- RabbitMQ or similar queueing mechanisms (Gearman, Beanstalkd, other AMQP)
- Strong command of a Linux based development environment
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git or Mercurial)
- Understanding of web related security issues (preferably the OWASP 10).
Bonus points for any of the following:
- 5 years Web Development experience
- BS or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Familiarity with the Laravel framework
- Experience working with Docker (defining build files, using in development)
- Elasticsearch (or, alternatively, SOLR) search index solutions
- Redis, or similar key-value storage solution (i.e. Memcached)
- BDD - including use of automated tools such as Behat
- Skilled at estimating tasks
- Experience configuring Nginx or similar (i.e. Apache HTTPD, Tomcat)
- Experience configuring MySQL replication/clustering
- Apache jmeter
- Have conducted code reviews
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.