Senior Java Developer required by this hugely successful and multi award winning FinTech recently named as one of the worlds "Leading 100 FinTech Innovators" by...
Senior Data Engineer - PERMANENT - up to £100k base - London
Our client, based in central London, are looking to appoint a Senior Engineer on a permanent basis. As a Senior Engineer (in Data Intelligence), you'll be responsible for ensuring the development of our client's data platform. You'll be leading the implementation of the platform and you'll know exactly how to make the right product decisions.
You will come from a software development background, understand the architecture trade-offs and have a good understanding of the data tier within the system. You'll also have experience in leading the delivery of complex platforms.
- Work with Data Scientists and other software engineers to deliver a platform-based product.
- Make the right compromises and lead others to do so
- Lead definition and design of products and projects
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the platform
- Design and develop batch processing systems, ETLs and data ingestion flows
- Build event driven processing systems
- Build API's to front-end data science models with appropriate levels of security, authentication, logging, and modelling
- Educate the business on how to use the data driven system
- Helps to develop and mentor junior team members
- Contributes to the education of the wider business
What you'll bring to the role:
- Professional experience in developing applications & tools in at least two systems/scripting languages (one of which should be Python, Java or Scala)
- Python will be used for implementations
- Experience in developing platforms to run on AWS
- A good knowledge of UNIX and networking
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or a related field, or the equivalent commercial experience
Knowledge on the following is desirable:
- Data Modelling - R, Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib
- Platforms - Airflow, AWS EMR, Docker, AWS Lambda, AWS SageMaker, AWS DataPipeline
- AWS Kinesis, Jupyter, Qubole
- Databases/Processing - RedShift, Athena, Postgres, Spark, Hive, Pig
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.